The Ultimate Gamer - TSOLfan's Game Room(s)

From TSOLfan and his response to a query about his collection. Bear in mind I'm torn between in jealous rage and wanting to become his best friend:

Someone in my scan thread asked for some photos of my collection, so I snapped a quick few (15 or so), so here they are, with some brief accompanying text:



This is my upstairs office/game room. It is where I do a majority of my gaming, which actually hasn't been a lot the past few years. 7 years ago, my wife and I bought this 1895 Queen Ann style historic home, and have spent the past 7 years tearing it apart and meticulously restoring it (taking a few liberties along the way). We probably have about a year left into it, which will finish the restoration of the original porch and the interior of detached garage (which was the original servants' wash house).

This is where we have a Wii and Xbox 360. The next photo is a zoomed in shot of the shelves under the Mortal Kombat banner:



These shelves are where I keep my Xbox, Gamecube and Atari Jaguar and Atari Jaguar CD collection.

Zooming back out and looking to the right in the original image is our TV stand with other gaming systems.



There is a Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega CDX (with 32X attachment), Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, Atari Jaguar CD and a Nuon DVD player, as well as an Xbox 360 hooked up to this TV. With the two displays upstairs and two Xbox 360's, this is where my friends and I do most of our 360 local network play (or even Xbox Live play). Under the window is my Sega Dreamcast collection:



The next photo is a shot looking to the left of the original photo.



That's where I keep my shelves with my Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games. Also, just for fun, I included a "before" photo that I took when my wife and I were originally looking at the house 7 years ago to buy it:



In case you couldn't tell, yes, we moved the door to the upstairs bedroom, so I could fit my desk Smiley We also raised the ceiling to the rafters (adding about an additional 8ft of headroom and some really cool angles).



This is a shot of my Sega CD collection. I stacked the "late release heavy cardboard" games on the upper left as they didn't quite fit (I had originally built this shelf for DVD cases), and the upper right are the alternates (matte version of Lunar, re-release of Rise of the Dragon, and the green version of Wonderdog).



Here's a photo of my Sega Saturn collection. The one in the shot missing a spine, that's my Saturn Bomberman that I'm looking for a replacement back insert scan for and the reason I found this site (though, still haven't found the scan Smiley As for the random games slid out, those are ones with broken hinges. I have some spare cases in the cellar, though, just haven't swapped them out yet.



This is shot of the opposite wall with my Sega Genesis, Sega 32X, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games. My Sega Genesis collection is sparse, because it had gotten damaged in storage (water and then subsequent mold), and these were the survivors. I may or may not try building it back, have yet to decide (it was primarily only the Sega released titles, similar to how my Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 collections are primarily only the Nintendo released titles).

The next shot is our media room downstairs. My wife and I always joke that this is my living room, and the one through the side entry way is her living room Smiley



This is where we keep most of our movies, and my Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii collection. What surprises most people is that I don't do a lot of gaming down here when I do play. I mostly play upstairs. Downstairs gets used most when we have company over.

Here's a shot with the screen down covering the posters:



Also, for reference, here's another shot of what this room looked like when my wife and I bought the house 7 years ago:



We only made some minor renovations Cheesy Hopefully, those asking for requests in my requests threads can see why I always talk about not having a lot of spare time for scans, too busy working (at work and on the house Smiley

Here's a closer shot of the games in this downstairs room:



Here's a photo of the opposite side of the room.



This is one of our dogs wondering why I'm taking a bunch of photos of "his" house. Back in the left corner is where I keep the equipment for this room. It was the hallway to go into the kitchen, but we sealed off the other end and blocked it with the new staircase we had built.

This is a closer shot of the space:



Game-wise, I only have a Xbox 360 and Sega Dreamcast permanently hooked up. I'll rotate other systems in when/if we want to play those downstairs.

The next photo is of the garage I mentioned earlier. This is where I keep my "larger" games Smiley The interior, we haven't touched yet. It's one of the things on our small list of what's left to rehab/restore. But, we have at least finished the exterior, so I'll show that first so you can at least get an idea of what the inside will look when finished:



That's the before after we finished scraping all of the years of loose paint, at least as much of it as we could get off. This is how the exterior currently looks (still need to finish the door and reshingle the roof):



With that transformation in mind, on to the photo of the inside.



As I mentioned, these are my "larger" games Smiley Starting from the right, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3 (currently running an Ultimate MK3 board), Mortal Kombat 4, Killer Instinct, Killer Instinct, and Killer Instinct 2. I've restored all of these except for the Killer Instinct in the middle. I disconnected the JAMMA board and controls (but left them in tact so they can be easily restored) and wired it up to a PC. As I also mentioned, ignore the mess for now, since in the winter, we prioritize parking my wife's car to sheid it from the ice and snow over playing anything, especially given the lack of temperature control. Also, a lot of our construction items get shoved to the closest side (though, as we finish projects, the piles of materials and tools have started to dwindle, which is great). This interior hasn't been the priority, and it probably won't be completed until late 2011/2012, as time and money permits.

That's all of the photos I have. Feel free to stop by my scan request thread (linked in my signature) if there's a scan of anything in my collection that is needed (and no, I definitely don't think I'm up to scanning the arcade units Smiley